Thursday, May 04, 2006

Turmoil..

The 8 am rush. I'm ready for office,chewing my breakfast as fast as i can.Mom wants me to drop her near her school. Her mehndi dyed hair look beautiful. The wrinkles on her face constitute the countless days and nights of job,kitchen work,relatives,5 a.m alarms for morning walk and god knows what else. I gulp down the milk that she insists i should drink every morning before i leave.

On our way to her school, i honk to an old man. I feel guilty for he's really old. I should've stopped for him like i usually do. But something overpowers me and i don't do it. I drop mom at the community centre and watch her walk towards her school. I'm late. It's bumper to bumper at naraina. I keep driving, coz i have to.

I think about the countless things we forget and forgive when we're on the road. I watch 3 bikes and 4 cars jumping a traffic signal. I wonder why they can't wait for 2 minutes at a traffic signal.They wouldn't mind arguing for 20 minutes in case a vehicle runs into them while they're at their rossi and schumacher impersonation. It's just another day on the road. But i'm different today. I'm more aggressive today and I can feel it from within.It's overwhelming my senses.

I hit the DND flyway but i'm not doing 60-70 on the speedo. It's a 100. For some reason, i don't wish to slow down. I know the tarmac has a lot of questions for me which i can't answer.

Am in the office now, with a shirt that's half wet and a head that's heavy.

No comments: