Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Traitor

Two pairs of jeans hang on the cabinet that houses my books, cds, cassettes that I bought back in jalandhar. Some empty DVD cases which have been opened more than a dozen times on a weekend peep out as if looking for their occupants.

Me and my brown chair, legs crossed next to the monitor, a keyboard with half the alphabets missing due to continuous typing, my long lost airtel internet bill, a webcam that's indifferent to my presence, a dark-chocolate wrapper with some fragments of brown heaven stuck on its edges, pairs of socks that don't stink anymore, a towel that wipes my black heart every morning, a bottle of water to douse the fire in my belly, a headset to bring the distant ones closer, a recently used black marker - xylene and toluene free..it says!

I wonder if i'll ever need humans.

No comments: